I have been a bit nervous about this post. Despite the fact that I clearly enjoy writing, I am a mess when it comes to knowing how to attach links or do simple things like that. I would really like to say that, since I have started this blog, two things have happened. First, I have been able to pour out quite a bit that is pent-up inside me in the guise of “thoughts from the outdoors.” Second, I have met some wonderful and supportive people.
I really never expected anyone to care about my little rambling musings. So, for those of you that have enjoyed my writing, I truly thank you for taking the time to read. I have read some amazing things from my fellow bloggers and it is quite an honor just being a part of the community!
Here are the awards and the people who gave them!
- the 7 by 7 link award was presented to me by the poetic and artistic Mari Sanchez Cayuso. Her blog “Peace the conciousness, the Transitoriness, your Existence is located at http://starsrainsunmoon.com/ She is a simply brilliant writer, and her vocabulary blows me out of the water on a daily basis. Thank you so much, Mari!
Award two is the Versatile blogger award offered kindly to me by the wonderful and active blogger Schtiel at http://schtiel.wordpress.com and the extremely brilliant and versatile Silentlyheardonce at http://silentlyheardonce.wordpress.com Thank you both for the kind nominations.
- Award three is the incendiary sounding Blog on fire Award
I was nominated by the poetic and politically charged Silentlyheardonce. Once again located at http://silentlyheardonce.wordpress.com She is a wonderful, inspiring writer of true versatility so check her out.
- The final award is the Reader’s Appreciation Award given by the extremely generous Silentlyheardonce! Once again she is located at http://silentlyheardonce.wordpress.com and is very much worth your time….
Alright! All these awards ask me to do similar things. First I must reveal some things about myself, and seven secrets seems like the right number. Second, I must nominate some of you. It ranges from 6 to 15 nominees, so I am selecting ten outstanding writers! If your name is mentioned then consider yourself a multi award winner! Believe me there are more that 10 deserving people so that will be the difficult part. Ok on to the seven things!
- My love of the outdoors comes from my parents who drug me to every forest, mountain or mudhole within 2000 miles of Tampa, Fl. (more like 3000 miles)…
- I live in Florida but truly dislike Disney….Longggg story.
- My eyes used to be dark brown, but now they’re mostly green. Not sure what that means….
- I am more proud of being a father than anything else….
- Along with English, I speak a pretty amusing version of spanish…A lot of my parents at school speak Spanish, and learning to communicate was one of the best thing I’ve done.
- I am ridiculously…amazingly….disorganized…I have to edit some sort of craziness or typo in every post I make maybe 3 to 4 times! It really doesn’t matter how much I proofread. I have a master’s degree in reading and literacy, yetttttt I constantly type nonsense. It would be funny if it wasn’t so annoying…even worse is I have left soooo many typos in comments on other blogs…(Yes Mari Sanchez Cayuso…I’m especially fond of leaving illiterate comments in your blog)
I am very open-minded. I do have a solid belief structure, but am always ready and appreciative of alternative views on just about anything. I like to think that even different opinions can breed respect if done the right way…
Done!!!! And now for my nominations!!!!!!
Mari at http://starsrainsunmoon.com/
Mirela Sula at http://sulamirela.wordpress.com
Momina at http://mominamela.wordpress.com
Jymiely at http://littlefurrow.wordpress.com
Schtiel at http://schtiel.wordpress.com
That’s it!!! Once again thank you for the nominations and please!!! Check out all the links!
David L. Whitman 04/14/2012 from under a sky so blue…